A RECOVERY OF THE HOUSING SECTOR IN KENYA; ULTRA-MODERN AMENITIES TO LOOK FOR IN YOUR NEW HOUSE
The real estate market nose-dived between 2019 to 2021 due to the global Covid-19 pandemic. Consequently, Potential home buyers took a back seat and reprioritized their budgets. According to a report by Global audit firm PWC, the sector is expected to bounce back from this poor state in the near future.
SIGNS OF A COMEBACK
The future is bright
Further, the report states that massive job losses and inflation led to a weak housing sector. Alternatively, many potential home buyers safeguarded themselves from the possibility of an uncertain future. However, there is hope for the housing sector with signs of a high rate of people buying homes.
WHAT DID THE Pandemic TEACH US?
People are now having a preference for the best Amenities
People want convenient, ultra-modern amenities that allow them to live fuller lives. Additionally, home buyers want a happy lifestyle where they can enjoy the best living experience.
THE IDEAL AMENITIES TO LOOK FOR IN YOUR NEW HOUSE
Always consider value for your Money
Here is a guide to the ideal amenities for your new home:
- Home Utilities
Home utilities are features or equipment that facilitate your specific needs. Homebuyers have adopted a new taste for ultra-modern utilities for the ultimate living experience. As a result, Proprietors are installing exclusive utilities that are deemed attractive by homebuyers.
HOME UTILITIES TO LOOK OUT FOR:
- Water- Is there an ample supply of clean water?
- Electricity- Is your new home connected to electricity?
- Sewage and Sanitation- Does your new home have a proper waste disposal system?
- Security- This is an important factor to consider when looking for your new house. Ample Security leads to a sense of comfort and freedom and security for your property. Therefore, you should always check the following:
- Does your new home have security cameras, alarm systems and lighting?
- Are there Rules on security practices in your new house?
- How is the perimeter secured to avoid break-ins and interference?
Home appliances are expensive, and so is their rank in terms of importance. Notably, they form an integral component of your ideal house. Moreover, always confirm the status of that Refrigerator, Hot shower and Plumbing system. Besides that, always remember these appliances determine whether you’ll buy new ones or stick with the pre-installed ones.
Modern trends in the Housing Market determine the unique living preferences that home buyers have. Some of these include Interior and Exterior finishes for that new house. Examples of Finishes include Furniture fittings, Wall colors, Decorative pieces and floor finishes.
- Major Amenities
Additions of your basic needs are very important when you are looking for a new home. Furthermore, major Amenities are a source of your comfort and happiness too. Therefore, always remember to look out for these amenities when looking for a new house:
- Location- The accessibility and neighborhood of a new house.
- Hospitals-Health facilities located to a new House.
- Schools- Educational institutions in close proximity to a new house,
- Jogging track/Gym/Sauna- Exercise and fitness amenities in house.
Looking for a new home is an interesting exercise that comes with many challenges. However, it’s an opportunity to make new decisions and learn more about the housing sector. In fact, buying a new house with the best amenities is a wise investment. Therefore, these 5- key amenities are important in the search for your new home.